12 days of Christmas..
.1. The partridge in a pear tree was Jesus Christ
2. Two turtle doves were the Old and New Testaments
3 Three French hens stood for faith, hope and love
4.The four calling birds were the four gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John
5. The five golden rings recalled the Torah or Law, the first five books of the Old Testament
6. The six geese a-laying stood for the six days of creation
7. Seven swans a-swimming represented the seven fold gifts of the Holy Spirit- Prophecy,Serving, Teaching, Encouraging, Contribution, Leadership and Mercy
8. The eight maids a milking were the 8 beatitudes (blessed are) from Jesus sermon on the Mount in the Bible, New testament, book of Matthew 5th chapter
9. Nine ladies dancing were the nine fruits of the Holy Spirit- Love, Joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and Self Control
10 The ten lords a-leaping were the 10 commandments found in the Bible, Old Testament, the book of Exodus, chapter 20
11. The eleven pipers piping were the eleven faithful disciples
12. The twelve drummers drumming symbolized the twelve points of belief in the Apostles Creed.
Enjoy Christ this Christmas! Pastor Penny Magee