You are invited to worship this Sunday, the fourth Sunday of Advent. We are replacing our traditional format with a cantana, where scripture readings and choir performances dominate the worship. Come sing and be merry with at Mt. Washington United Methodist Church, 6365 Corbly Road.
12 days of Christmas..
.1. The partridge in a pear tree was Jesus Christ
2. Two turtle doves were the Old and New Testaments
3 Three French hens stood for faith, hope and love
4.The four calling birds were the four gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John
5. The five golden rings recalled the Torah or Law, the first five books of the Old Testament
6. The six geese a-laying stood for the six days of creation
7. Seven swans a-swimming represented the seven fold gifts of the Holy Spirit- Prophecy,Serving, Teaching, Encouraging, Contribution, Leadership and Mercy
8. The eight maids a milking were the 8 beatitudes (blessed are) from Jesus sermon on the Mount in the Bible, New testament, book of Matthew 5th chapter
9. Nine ladies dancing were the nine fruits of the Holy Spirit- Love, Joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and Self Control
10 The ten lords a-leaping were the 10 commandments found in the Bible, Old Testament, the book of Exodus, chapter 20
11. The eleven pipers piping were the eleven faithful disciples
12. The twelve drummers drumming symbolized the twelve points of belief in the Apostles Creed.
Enjoy Christ this Christmas! Pastor Penny Magee
Every Sunday is special at church, but this Sunday is EXTRA special.
The children of the church and the CEC will perform their Christmas Pageant, and after worship we will have cake to celebrate Jesus’ birthday.
Watch the video to get a 90 second preview from Pastor Penny. Worship starts at 10AM at 6365 Corbly Road. See you then!
It’s Giving Tuesday! It’s the day non-profits ask for money after you have already exhausted your checking account on Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday. But we have a special request, better than all the other requests.
The carpet in the Sanctuary is not pretty. We move area rugs around to try to conceal this, but you know what we’re doing.
The good news is we have planned to address this. We have estimates that place the cost of replacement at $22,000. And we have raised, get this, over $17,000 towards replacement!
Can you help us get over the top? We have a site up and running for online giving. Go here
https://tithe.ly/give?c=161637 to give today!
Be sure to select Renewal Capital Campaign from the “give” section.
Thank you everyone for taking care of our church building and ensuring it will be around for generations to come.